With Government focus on sustainable jobs, apprenticeships are recognised as one of the key areas for employers to invest in their existing and future workforce. As a result of this Apprenticeships continue to grow in popularity. Due to this fact and our continued expansion, we have decided to enter the Apprenticeship qualification market by launching a suite of qualifications that fit within the Apprenticeship frameworks.
For Apprenticeship updates follow us on our HABC Apprenticeship Twitter and Facebook pages.
Apprenticeship frameworks consist of the following five components:
- Competence-based Qualifications (CBQ) - These cover the practical competencies required for a specific occupation or job role. Examples of these types of qualifications can include a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or a QCF equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge-based Qualifications - These incorporate the technical skills and theory relating to a job role, together with the knowledge and understanding of an industry and its market. Examples of these types of qualifications can include a technical certificate.
- Transferable Skills - These predominantly cover Functional Skills (or Key Skills) of English, Mathematics and Information Communications Technology (ICT).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - These enable an Apprentice to develop a better understanding of their rights and responsibilities as an employee as well as those of their employer.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - These allow Apprentices to gain the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and everyday life. These skills include independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective learning, team working, self-management and effective participation.
Apprenticeships are increasingly being seen as a real alternative to degrees and offer high-quality training for individuals, which can subsequently launch careers within a wide range of industries. HABC currently offers many component qualifications, which fit into the Apprenticeship frameworks. Please click any of the subject-specific Apprenticeship qualifications on the left-hand menu for further information on these.
Delivering more for less
As with all HABC qualifications, our Apprenticeships are fit for purpose and meet industry needs. Details of future qualifications that will also fit within the Apprenticeship Frameworks will be published on an on-going basis; including Functional Skills. Our Centres will continue to receive unbeatable pricing, exceptional customer service and incredibly swift turnaround time on results and certification.