HABC and the Food for Life Partnership have worked together to develop a Level 1 National Award in Food Safety qualification aimed at Key Stage 3 in schools. The qualification has been developed in consultation with key food technology teachers to be specific for both the domestic and education setting, whilst also complementing the food technology curriculum.
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Assessed through a multi choice question paper
- Links directly to the food technology curriculum
- Increased knowledge of food safety and hygiene that can also be used in the home
- Builds pupil self-esteem and improves life skills
- Raises visibility of food technology departments
- Low cost examination fees
This 12 guided learning hour qualification enables universal access to a certificated course which will go a long way to ensuring that an understanding of food safety is instilled in pupils at a young age.
Please see the link below for an application form.
Please click on the tabs below for the qualification structure and syllabus or to order examination papers.